Monday, August 11, 2008

All Starry-Eyed


Today I started working on a project that I can blog about since it's not a gift: a block of the month Seeing Stars Quilt. I'm doing this with two other friends and at the end of a year, roughly, we'll each have a good-sized quilt for our respective beds!

We met at 10 this morning, and were each, theoretically going to finish this month's block (the center block) and 4 of the border blocks; Sally was the only one done with her block by the time we left. But, mine is done now (almost 12 hours and much enjoyable conversation later) and the border blocks are started. I am super excited to see how this project develops and grows and hopefully today's rate of completion doesn't hold for too long!

This string of chain pieced half-square triangles for the border blocks shows what I think of this project so far:

1 comment:

thefeltedsheep said...

Wow! I love it!!! You rock!