Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hats

The last few days have been filled with hats!

I finished the little girl hat.How cute is that?!

And have started a little boy hat that is a lot more "fun" with the colors. No pictures yet on that one.

Then a hat finally made its way to Bobby through a few hands and it is adorable! He can rock it sideways, like a mohawk, and even from the top, it's as though there's a little salmon swimming around the living room!

It came from the owner of one of my favorite yarn stores, Knitting Grounds, and it's great! (Incidentally this is the store where I bought that great cotton yarn for the pink girl hat.)

And, today I went to the first of three hat classes and started an Aran hat that I'm pretty excited about. I was able to learn a new way of casting on and even did 2 rows worth of double knitting which I had read about but never done. It's kind of cool and not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. So, all my knitting lately has been hats and they've been great fun!

Speaking of, I'm going to go keep knitting that hat. I'm still on the cuff that rolls up and I'd really like to get the 6" worth of ribbing done so I can move on to the more fun and interesting cables!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, you finished that hat fast. It is super cute! I love the tassles. How cute is Bobby's fish hat? He's just a'swimmin.