Sunday, January 11, 2009

Starting the New Year

It doesn't bode well that this post is coming 11 days into the new year, but better late than never, right? There are many things I want to try to accomplish this year, but I am not going to make a list quite yet. I have a few left over things to take care of first! Again, a hint that this year may not be the most productive one yet, if I'm behind on even making my list of things to do... ... but moving on!

Bobby is becoming more and more of a little boy. He is able to really learn things we are teaching him. He can give you five, and if you put out your pointer finger near his face he'll touch his nose to it. It's pretty hilarious. In the last two days he's also taken to sticking his tongue out of his mouth. It looks like a combination of licking his lips and using his tongue to feel his lips and mouth. It's pretty hilarious. He is also getting a tooth (which is why the tongue is doing so much feeling around, I think). It'll still be a little while before it's through, but it's certainly coming!

The first week of school for this calendar year is behind us! I even managed to write the correct year up on the board and on the passes! It was quite an accomplishment, since I have been in a school setting since I was 5 years old and the year doesn't really seem to start over in the middle of the school year.

One thing did help it feel a little bit like a new beginning. We moved things around in our house for the last few days of break and so we have a new arrangement to make things feel different. And, I've been getting rid of the things that you have a tendency to collect (particularly if you are of the "I didn't even remember I had it, but I might need that one day" frame of mind). The result is a cleaner and less cluttered upstairs where we do most of our living and a new craft room where our old bedroom was. It's not completely put away or cleaned out, but it's pretty exciting none the less! Since school started shortly after the moving around was done I haven't been able to spend too much time in it yet. I will though!

I am also hoping that I can ride this wave of organization and get all of my upcoming projects in order. I have a few deadlines coming up with birthdays for both older and yet-to-be-out-in-the-world people! So, those really should be top priority. But, instead this last Saturday I went out and bought yarn for two classes I'm getting ready to take. There are the makings of 1 aran hat, 3 fair-isle hats, and 4 pairs of socks. 2 of those pairs of socks are for my husband who apparently liked the sock he received for Christmas, and its mate I finished 2 days later, because he wore that pair of socks for about 2 weeks straight. Just around the house, not out. That could have gotten creepy. So, I decided he needs more socks. I have to admit, they are pretty wonderful those hand-knit socks. And warm, too.

But before anything else, I am planning to make Bobby two books that were supposed to be made almost a year ago. So I guess here is a little bit of a list:
1. Bobby's books
2. birthday presents 1, 2, and 3
3. hats 1 and 2
4. socks for hubby!

Well, at least I have a great room to keep this all organized in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the picture of Bobby. I just don't seem to get enough of him. By the by, I don't think his nose is "tough" but it is lovely to touch.
I love your posts and you.
Mom & Nochi

leah said...

oh goodness. Thank you!

Lisa said...

Your craft room looks awesome!